Friday, May 21, 2010

What I'm Planning Next

Okay, my son, Logan (the 9-year-old) and I worked together yesterday afternoon for a few minutes to decide what I am making for end-of-the-year teacher gifts.  I showed him a recent pattern purchase from Keyka Lou of a zippered pouch and he agreed that was a good gift (he has told me that several of his teachers look forward to their gifts from me because they always know it will be handmade - that makes me feel so good).  He has had the same art teacher and afterschool teacher for several years now that I have to keep coming up with new ideas/patterns.

So we chose this pattern and I am making the medium one.  Luckily I picked up this great flip-flop fabric in the remnant bin at last weekend's foray into Hancock's Fabrics and I keep a stash of remnant cottons so I grabbed several colors that go with the flip flop fabric and put them together.  Logan likes the lavendar the best so I will make as many as I can using that. I bought a bunch of zippers from ebay recently (no local stores) for a great price so I showed those to Logan as well and he helped me pick out the ones to use.  So I have the fabric and notions ready to go to make six of these babies in the next two weeks.  I'll start on them tomorrow after I knock a few more baby things out.  Here's a picture of my basket for this project - colors are much more vibrant than my camera captured inside.



I have made several of Keykalou's patterns and the patterns and instructions are great so I look forward to trying this one out.  I am also hoping to make me one of these to throw in my beach bag for the little things.

So what do you think - cool fabric choices or not?  Good teacher gift?



No comments:

Post a Comment