Monday, May 3, 2010

Made By You Monday: Hobo Slouch Bag by Ali Foster


I'm participating in my first Made By You Monday.  Made By You Monday is hosted by Skip to My Lou and I have gotten so much inspiration by looking at all of the posts over the last few weeks that I wanted to join in as well.

I cut this out a few weeks ago so when I sat down to sew on Thursday afternoon I was able to sew it up in an hour (I timed it because I knew I had a little over an hour from when I started to when I needed to leave to take my youngest son, Jacob to t-ball practice).  It goes together easy and I love this pattern as a purse.


I bought the fabric almost two years ago when I decided to start sewing again.  I have no clue who it was made by, I was new to all of that.  I do know I bought it in a great quilt shop in Wilmington, NC where DH and I were taking a weekend getaway.  I bought it because my mom is a breast cancer survivor (14 years in April) and I love all things with the pink ribbon.  I think it made a cute purse don't you?  I wish I had a little more of it to make some purse accessories (sunglass case, cell phone case), but I don't.  If I ever see it again I will buy more though.


The pattern is by Ali Foster who I first found on etsy and bought a lot of her patterns.  I have made one other purse, but have most of her patterns.  I can't say enough about how great these patterns are.  Ali Foster also has a shop separate from Etsy along with a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment